What does the term IMViC mean?.
Review Sheet Week 7
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What does the term IMViC mean?
- Why is the IMViC useful in identifying
- Enterobacteriaceae? Are further biochemical tests necessary for complete identification?
- What diagnostic test differentiates
- ProteusandProvidenciaspecies from otherEnterobacteriaceae?
- How is
- E. colidistinguished fromP. vulgarison MacConkey agar? On a TSI slant?
- Instead of TSI, why would a slant medium containing only dextrose and lactose (not sucrose) be preferable for detecting
- Y. enterocolitica?
- What procedures, other than biochemical, are used to identify microorganisms?
- What is the purpose of the control test run in parallel with bacterial agglutination?
- What is the value of serological identification of a microorganism as compared with culture identification?
- Describe two mechanisms by which
- E. colican produce disease.
- What is meant by the term “enteric pathogen”?
- Name a bacterial pathogen, other than one of the Enterobacteriaceae, that causes intestinal disease. Provide a flowchart indicating how you would make the laboratory diagnosis.
- Why is it important to differentiate glucose nonfermenters from
Page 1 of 1 From
Laboratory Manual & Workbook in Microbiology Applications to Patient Care (9th ed.). By Josephine A. Morello, Helen Eckel Mizer, and Paul A. Granato Copyright ÂŠ 2006 The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Reprinted with permission of The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.