Watch the links provided and answer the questions.
Help me study for my Nursing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The Impact of Sugary Beverages on Weight and Health
The Skinny on Obesity
1. What is the relationship between weight gain and sugar? Please explain your answer giving data supplied in the materials.
2. How is the metabolism of fructose different from glucose? How does this contribute to obesity?
3. Please list 4 issues with drinking sugary beverages.
4. If someone asked you how sugar effects our metabolism, what would you tell them?
Gastric Bypass has become a more common form of intervention to promote weight loss. These two websites explore how these procedures are completed.
Mayo Clinic: At this website, first select the link that has a video showing how this procedure is done. Be prepared to compare it to the procedure below. Then, pick two other links from this page and report what you learned back about gastric bypass at this website: http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/bariatric-surgery/multimedia/gastric-bypass/vid-20084648 (Links to an external site.)
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1w8bxItT0 (Links to an external site.)
Here are some images of other procedures, as well (sidebar)
After looking at these videos and reading the book, answer the following questions:
- What is the difference between the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and the gastric sleeve?
- What have you found would be the risks or benefits to this type of procedure?
- Would you recommend this for someone you know who is morbidly obese?
- What do you think is the best way for someone to lose weight?