Unit V Essay on Hazardous waste and discussion.
Can you help me understand this Environmental Science question?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Describe how the Superfund or Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) or the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) law has affected you, your employer, or someone you know. Is there a Superfund remediation site near where you live or in your state? If you are overseas in the military (or for another reason), is there a hazardous waste site nearby? Please explain
- Weight: 10% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 02/25/2020 11:59 PM (CST)
In this unit, you became familiar with categorizing hazardous waste; hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facilities; and remediation of old hazardous waste sites.
For this assignment, you will write an essay that discusses the following components:
- the four characteristics of a hazardous waste, of which ignitability is one;
- the four lists of hazardous waste, of which one is the P list;
- the manifest system of tracking hazardous waste;
- treatment, storage, and disposal facilities in your area;
- two features of a hazardous waste landfill that are not in a municipal solid waste landfill; and
- progress made by the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)—otherwise known as the Superfund.
Your paper should flow smoothly from topic to topic with thoughtful transitions. Your essay should be at least three pages in length, not counting the references page.
Support your essay with at least two peer-reviewed articles from the CSU Online Library. The articles should be no more than 20 years old. Feel free to use the textbook and other sources as references in addition to your two CSU Online Library sources. Be sure to properly cite and reference all sources, and use APA format.