Topic of your choice. – Persuasive Research Paper.
I need an explanation for this English question to help me study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This week, you will write a persuasive research paper. A persuasive paper is an essay used to convince a reader about a particular idea or focus, usually one that you believe in.
Your persuasive essay could be based on anything about which you have an opinion. Whether you’re arguing against junk food at school or petitioning for a raise from your boss, the persuasive essay is a skill that everyone should know. Here is a great article if you need some ideas to get started: https://www.time4writing.com/writing-resources/writing-resourcespersuasive-essay/ (Links to an external site.).
To write a persuasive essay, you can follow this outline:
- Introductory Paragraph
- Grab the reader’s attention by using a “hook.”
- Give an overview of the argument.
- Close with a thesis statement that reveals the position to be argued.
- “Body” Paragraphs That Provide Support For Your Argument (while three “points” are listed here, you’ll need more paragraphs than that in order to meet your page count)
- Side A – All the facts and reasoning that supports your paper’s argument
- Side B – What is the counterargument, and why is it incorrect or why does it not discredit your argument
- Remember not to “speak” in your paper with personal pronouns (like “I” or “my”,) as you want your paper to speak to the reader, not you personally
- Each body paragraph should focus on one piece of evidence.
- Within each paragraph, provide sufficient supporting detail.
- Concluding Paragraph
- Restate and reinforce the thesis and supporting evidence.
This essay has the following requirements.
- 12 pt, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1 inch margins
- The title page on this student sample paper is how yours should look: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/apa_sample_paper.html (Links to an external site.)
- 2 outside sources, cited in APA format in the body of your paper, and fully cited at the end.
- This resource can help you format your citations: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html (Links to an external site.)
- A cover page and a reference page is required.
- The length of your submission should be 7 pages INCLUDING the cover and reference pages.