I’m studying for my English class and need an explanation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
First I need you to write me a MEMO using the memo instructions that are listed below.The memo should be around ONE page. Then, I need you to write the synthesis paper, you will write a synthesis essay about a controversial issue in the United States. The paper should be 2-3 pages long. I have uploaded the article that the paper should be about. I have also uploaded a MEMO SAMPLE as well as a 2 PAPER SAMPLE. Please follow both of the samples, BUT DO NOT copy the same exact thing. I also want you to provide me a similarity report.
Before you write your essay, you will submit a memo online to Turnitin. The memo should include the following information:
- The issue you chose and your initial opinion
- a brief summary of the arguments in favor and against the proposition
- a time-line for getting the assignment done
- a tentative plan for how you will organize your essay
- double-spaced, Times or Times New Roman,12 point font, 1-inch margins
- MLA style (Works Cited/References page & in-text references)
- Should teachers be armed?
- Reading: Pro/Con section of this report: Collier, Loma. “School Safety.” CQ Researcher, 29, 17 May 2019: 1-63. Web. 6 Nov. 2019.
- You will read the article and give a responsible account of the arguments on each side, using quoting, summarizing, and paraphrasing from the articles. Each body paragraph should focus on a subtopic related to the main topic and discuss what the two points of view say in regard to this topic and how they connect (agree/disagree). In the conclusion, you should indicate the ways your ideas about the topic relate to the assigned texts. In other words, after explaining both sides in the body paragraphs, explain your position in relation to the ideas in the readings.
- Introduction: Provide an overview of the issue. This may include background information. The thesis can indicate that there are two sides to the issue.
- Body Paragraphs: Describe the arguments in favor and against the idea.
- Advocates for arming teachers argue that…
Note: Each body paragraph needs to discuss both points of view
- Conclusion: Give your opinion.
- Teachers should (not) be allowed to carry guns in the classroom because…..
Grading Rubric for Synthesis Paper
CONTENT ____/30 points
- Provides an overview of the issue in the introduction
- Includes a thesis statement that expresses what will be discussed in the body paragraphs
- Summarizes the arguments in favor and against the issue from the 2 readings in the body paragraphs
- Expresses an opinion on the issue in relation to the readings in the conclusion
ORGANIZATION ____/10 points
- Overall structure—the writing has an effective introduction, body, and conclusion. All paragraphs support the thesis statement.
- Paragraph development—each paragraph focuses on one topic only and is developed with details, descriptions, explanations, and examples.
- Text flow—the sentences and paragraphs follow each other in a logical order.
LANGUAGE ____/5 points
- Quotes and paraphrases from the text correctly identified and punctuated.
FORMAT _____/5 points
- MLA Citation—reference/work cited is listed on a separate sheet of paper using /MLA Style
- Original title
- At least 2-3 pages—typed in 12 point, Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins