Option #1: Data Loading – Northwind Data.
I’m trying to study for my MySQL course and I need some help to understand this question.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Here is the third part of the Northwind data warehouse. I have attached the two previous assignments so you can use them on this last one.
Option #1: Data Loading – Northwind Data
- Use the star schema developed in Portfolio Milestone 1 – Option 1 in Module 3; incorporate your instructor’s feedback.
- Use the tables created in Portfolio Milestone 2 – Option 1 in Module 5; incorporate your instructor’s feedback.
Develop and execute the SQL commands to populate the fact and dimension tables by extracting data from the Northwind OLTP database and loading the data into the tables within the Northwind Data Warehouse. Your ETL workflow should consist of selecting the required variables from the source database and tables and inserting the required variables into the destination database and tables. After you have populated the tables, construct an SQL command to count the number of rows in each table. Capture a screenshot of the row count for each table. Finally, construct an SQL command to list the first ten rows of each table. Capture a screenshot of each listing.
Your deliverable for this Portfolio Project is a report containing the following information:
- Changes to your business process, business questions, and fact table grain from Module 5
- Updated version of the star schema incorporating your instructor’s feedback from Module 5
- Screenshots of the row counts and table listings
- Listing of SQL commands used in this assignment
- A brief description of lessons learned in completing the Portfolio Project and the two Milestones. Based on your lessons learned, what advice would be offer to an organization embarking on building a data warehouse system?
Your paper should be six to eight pages in length, organized and well-written, and in conformity with CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
In support of your response, cite and integrate at least one credible outside source, which can be your textbook. Place the sources in a reference page formatted in accordance with APA style. This reference page does not count toward the total page requirement. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these resources.