Nutritional Teaching Plan for a Geriatric Patient.
Need help with my Nutrition question – I’m studying for my class.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Teaching Project Guidelines
MY TOPIC = DYSPHAGIC DIET
- Purpose: The purpose of the patient/family teaching project is to develop and implement a teaching plan for a geriatric patient utilizing teaching learning principles.
- Objectives: By the conclusion of the presentation, the students will be able to:
- State the various indications for a specified diet
- Explain the scientific rationale for a prescribed diet
- Describe food/fluid restrictions appropriate for diet or food/fluids encouraged to meet nutritional needs?
- Describe how to present a short nutritional teaching plan to a patient& family with cultural differences.
- Apply current research related to the nutrition topic.
- Utilize teaching experience rubric for essential criteria.
- The paper should be between 3-5 pages (not including title page and references).
- The paper must be typed and conform to APA format.
- A minimum of two references are required.
Clear and concise discussion of patient’s admission diagnosis, demographic data, and anticipated learning needs; clear and comprehensive patient assessment data to support a deficient knowledge nursing diagnosis.
Clear and complete assessment of learner (patient /family), teaching needs, and special learning needs, if present; Clear identification of patient’s strengths and weaknesses relevant to learning needs.
Open and closing remarks that capture patient’s attention; Clear and correct statement of 2 teaching objectives; Clear and organized presentation of evidence-based patient teaching.