Explain any cultural, ethical, and legal issues related to the treatment of survivors of the disaster and the interventions you chose.
To prepare for this assignment:Review Chapter 17 in your course text, Crisis Intervention Strategies, focusing on the stages of a natural disaster and the interventions that may be used within each st
To prepare for this assignment:
- Review Chapter 17 in your course text, Crisis Intervention Strategies, focusing on the stages of a natural disaster and the interventions that may be used within each stage.
- Review the brochure, “Psychological First Aid for First Responders: Tips for Emergency and Disaster Response Workers.”The link is given in the syllabus. Think about in which stage(s) of a natural disaster Psychological First Aid may be used as an intervention.
- Review the articles, “Applying Critical Consciousness: Culturally Competent Disaster Response Outcomes,” and “Trauma, Research, and EMDR: A Disaster Responder’s Wish List.” Note the cultural, ethical, and legal considerations related to the treatment of survivors of a natural disaster.
- Read the “Flood” case study located in the Learning Resources area. Consider each stage of a disaster that occurs during and after the natural disaster in this particular scenario.
- Think about interventions you would use in each of the stages of the disaster in the case study.
- Reflect on any cultural, ethical, and/or legal issues that may be related to treatment of the survivors in the flood case study.
The assignment: (2–3 pages)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Using the case study, briefly describe the impact of each stage on the community described utilizing the 9 stage James and Gilliland (2013) model as follows:
- Emergence/acute heroic stage
- Inventory stage
- Honeymoon stage
- Avoidance phase
- Adaptation phase
- Disillusionment phase
- Pathogenic to salutogenic shift
- Restabilization/reconstruction (James, 2008)
- For each stage, explain one intervention you would recommend using with survivors at that stage. Be specific and justify your selection based on information from the Learning Resources.
- Explain any cultural, ethical, and legal issues related to the treatment of survivors of the disaster and the interventions you chose.
- Week 9 Case:
A small river town receives emergency notification for evacuation in preparation for a flood. The flood is a result of the river rising due to recent heavy rainfall. Some families refuse to evacuate. Some families are busy wrapping their most valued possessions in plastic bags for safe keeping. Some families pack up as much as they can and drive out of town.
During the flood, emergency workers attempt to rescue the families who refuse to evacuate. Some families get in the boats and are taken to safety. Some continue to refuse to leave and drown in their homes.
After the flood waters recede, families return to their homes and begin the clean up efforts. Many houses are unsanitary and families are forced to stay in shelters or hotels in the next town. Even with the additional precaution of wrapping items in plastic, not all family relics are salvageable.
Families already overburdened with financial obligations find themselves having to buy new clothing, furniture, and household items. Some homes are totally destroyed and families have to start over with nothing. Eleven lives are lost. The town governance suffers a loss of financial resources. While there is FEMA money, it does not fully recover the financial loss experienced by the survivors.
- I have attached the template that has to be followed and also the case study…please ask any question.