ethics on an outer-space corporation.
I don’t know how to handle this Management question and need guidance.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Instructions:This project places you in the scenario where you have been working for Advanced Data Transmission, Inc., for several years as the chief human resources officer. As such, you have given direction for the company in terms of its treatment of workers, diversity issues, and risk issues, and have provided consultation to other senior-level managers in dealing with ethical and moral issues within the company.
Advanced Data Transmission, Inc. has just announced that it has been granted the contract to open and operate the first outer-space corporation that will include a small village atmosphere.Workers and managers will reside in the space village for a minimum of six months before returning to Earth.A shuttle service for dignitaries and customers from all over the world will be provided.Your company will manage all satellite data transmissions to all countries. The new company will be home-based in the U.S., and third-world countries will host subsidiaries.
Develop a “Global Business Ethics Manual” that addresses the following.
- Your chosen basic normative ethical foundation theory and reasons for choosing it.
- Your design for the corporation:stockholder, stakeholder, or another option?
- The safety and liability risks for all participants: workers, investors, customers, etc.
- Your human resource guidelines for the ethical treatment of workers, including but not limited to screening, diversity and discrimination, harassment, and affirmative action/goals/quotas.
- The marketing guidelines for ethical advertising and sales.
- Technology ethics in monitoring data transmissions.
- Current environmental concerns and ethical issues that will set the stage for a transition to an environmentally sustainable future.
It should be clear that this is completely new territory, and is not bound by earthly international business ethics.You have a clean slate and can influence all outer-space business for the twenty-second century.You have the right to change and modify any and all issues you feel have wronged workers on Earth.However, you must defend your positions.
You are encouraged to think beyond the ethical decisions of today, and to anticipate future issues and how to address them.Use your imagination and your learning from this course and take a shot at charting the ethical course for an area that I believe will one day come to pass.
Your project must include a minimum of five (5) sources of relevant information.
Your Stand-Alone Project responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct, and formatted in the same fashion as the project itself.If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc.In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document in a bibliography using APA style.(A 10-page response is required.)