I’m studying and need help with a Health & Medical question to help me learn.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This unit’s Discussion will focus on discipline-specific and interdisciplinary/cross-cutting competencies that are essential in addressing a public health issue.
Visit “Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals” at the Public Health Foundation’s website (http://www.phf.org/resourcestools/Documents/Core_Competencies_for_Public_Health_Professionals_2014June.pdf)
Consider the following public health disciplines and interdisciplinary domains of skill:
- Public health disciplines
- Environmental health sciences
- Health policy and management
- Social and behavioral sciences
- Interdisciplinary/cross-cutting domains of skill
- Analytical/Assessment Skills
- Policy Development/Program Planning Skills
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Competency Skills
- Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
- Public Health Sciences Skills
- Financial Planning and Management Skills
- Systems thinking
What are the disciplines and skills that are essential for your area of interest and the health issue that you have been addressing in your previous assignments? Provide an example of each discipline and skill and discuss why each is essential. (choose core health policy and management + financial planning for the topic of prescription drug costs)