Assignment 1: Developing/honing your research vision.
I don’t understand this Sociology question and need help to study.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assignment 1: Developing/honing your research vision
Point Value: 20 +/- range
Answer the set of questions listed below about the following article (use Ebsco Academic Search Complete to get a copy of the article):
Bozoglan, B., Demirer, V and I. Sahin. “Loneliness, self-esteem, and life satisfaction as predictors of internet addiction: A cross-sectional study among Turkish university students.” Scandinavian Journal of Psychiatry 54, 313-319.
1. What is the unit of analysis in this study?(Use proper terminology).What’s your “evidence”?
2. What’s the dependent or outcome variable(s) in this piece of research?Justify your answer
3. What’s the independent variable(s)?Justify your answer.
4. Consider the various goals for conducting research. (See NJVideo on research goals). Which goal is on display in this article?Explain/justify your answer.
5. Was enough information offered to support an attempt to replicate this study and its findings? Explain.
6. Is this a qualitative or quantitative research endeavor?Explain/justify.
Take a look at Table 1 on page 315.
7a. Which two variables have the strongest relationship with each other? Is it a positive or negative relationship?Provide specific evidence.
7b. Which two variables have the weakest relationship with each other?Is it a positive or negative relationship?Provide specific evidence.
7c. Does the relationship (strength and direction) between self-esteem and loneliness make sense to you?Explain.
8.Consider the external validity issue.Do you see it as a possible problem for this study?Explain.